I chose the podcast Titled “Who’s Afraid of the Sound of TikTok?” I picked this one because I downloaded the app as a joke and now I am addicted to it. Everyone is addicted to it and it's kind of crazy. Everything I look at or read is all about TikTok.
They started out by introducing a new dad who doesn’t really know a lot about newer music. Their goal was to expose this dad to TikTok because every kid is using it now. They went throughout the whole podcast criticizing the songs that are used to make TikToks. My favorite part was when they brought up the “woah.” This dad had no idea what it was and when they showed him what it was he just was mesmerized and didn’t know how to feel about it. Another part they criticized was that TikToks use a raspy sound like they are filmed in a bedroom (which they are supposed to be, that is what makes them what they are), and then the dad said “boomers should like this music because it kind of sounds like a record.”
They ended the podcast talking about the E-boys, which are boys who are taking over TikTok right now. It was really funny because most older people know these types of people as f boys. Which cannot be used on TikTok because it is a family friendly app and you cannot use crude language, therefore the people of TikTok changed the name to be able to be used on the app. Another one of my favorite parts of the podcast was when they came up with a safe word, which was rickerbocker. When the “E-boys” came up, he used this word and I thought it was funny because the other stuff was definitely more controversial.
“Switched on Pop.” Switched on Pop, Rock Ridge Productions LLC, 17 Dec. 2019, https://switchedonpop.com/episodes/whosafraidoftiktok?rq=tik tok
Comments
Post a Comment