I picked the podcast titled “The ‘Baby Shark’ Phenomenon (with Andrea Silenz).” I picked this because when this song came out I was working in a day care and I had to listen to it all day because that's all the kids wanted to listen to. They bring in a new father, Charlie, who doesn’t really know a lot about the newest music trends in the world. The main focus on this show was baby shark.
They started talking about what everyone in the world is revolving around this song. Disney is making a TV series, Kellogg in making a cereal, and on and on. They then go on to talk about giving birth and what songs to listen to when pushing, which was really weird because I never had thought about how songs can impact birth. My favorite part was when they started talking about all the mash-ups or viral videos that have to do with the baby shark song. My favorite was when they talked about one little kid trying to get alexa to play the baby shark song. It was really funny because I had never seen it before, so I looked it up. I definitely laughed because that is an everyday struggle to get alexa to do what you want, at least she is learning young. She was getting really frustrated and finally yelled at alexa and then yelled at her mom to get it to work.
It is really funny because when this song came out everyone started to use it or would change it to match what they wanted. Like Ellen or James Cordon, they both used this song in their shows. I think that was the best part because they were making fun of them for using this “children’s song” to help their shows out a little bit. Towards the end of the podcast they started talking about other children’s songs, which made me upset because I thought they would talk about baby shark the whole time. I mean I like the song baby shark so that's why I was a little upset.
Comments
Post a Comment