This song was recommended to me by one of my good friends and I can say that I was not disappointed. It started out kind of slow but then the beat changed and it was a completely different song to me. That was probably my favorite part of the song, when the melody changed and different instruments were introduced. But also once he started singing, that hit hard too because it was completely different from the beginning part of the song.
This is a song about the performer waking up somewhere in a hotel and finding himself not knowing anything that had happened the day before. He goes on to tell about everything that is happening and his view on everyone that is around him. This song is also about the different things that they haven’t had in awhile and he wants to have back. The instruments in the back really complimented the performer because it was just the right amount; they weren’t overpowering but they could still be heard through the lyrics. There are not a lot of controversial things that are going on in this song, besides all the hidden messages. You will not find these messages unless you actually look closely for them.
This really has nothing to do with country music besides the hidden messages. I like country music more than this because of the sound of it. I liked this song but it just isn’t something that I would willingly listen to on repeat. Also, this song was kind of confusing and most of the time I didn’t really know what was going on. That kind of changed once I listened to it a few times but even after, I was still a little lost on some of the words that were being said.
I agree, this song started kind of slow but when the beat changed it was really interesting to listen to. I also agree that there are hidden country messages within the song, but it does take listening to it a few times to hear it. Overall really good song!
ReplyDeleteI like this song. The imagery is really fun and intricate. The story being told is very interesting and the chorus is pretty catchy. It would have been interesting to hear what "hidden messages" you found. I agree that this isn't what you think of when you think "country music," as the tempo is pretty upbeat and there is an electric guitar.
ReplyDeleteI actually really like the slow intro to the song as it provides a great contrast to the upbeat and energetic lyrics. It's really interesting that you made a connection between this song and country music as I've never considered it anywhere close to country music. I can see how the intro might sound that way though.
ReplyDelete