I chose this song because my parents always said “hey good lookin, what’s cookin?” I never understood why they said this to me, but when I saw the title of this song I immediately thought about my parents saying this line to me growing up. This song is all about a man who thinks this girl is really attractive and wants to “cook” something up with him. He wants all the time he can get with her.
I really thought a lot about my childhood because my parents always hyped me up with this saying. So it made me really happy but also sad because I really miss living with my parents so they can hype me up when I’m feeling down or having boy issues.): But also it makes me happy because I know that my parents really love me and will hype me up wherever I am in my life even if I’m not near them.
This sound was really uplifting and had a great beat. The lyrics and beat went really good together because the person singing it was happy about this girl and was on top of the world. The music surprised me because the lyrics mean something different than what is actually being said. This is weird because during this time, they didn’t normally do that. The instruments in the back really complimented what was going on. My favorite part of the song was the instrumental parts in between all the versus.
This fits into the theme of listening because it was a really fun song to listen to. This is definitely a song that I would listen to more. It does not go along with my favorite genre of country, but kind of has the same sound as older country. I would classify this song as a country song for the time. I loved this song and was not disappointed about any aspects of it.
Hi! Page
ReplyDeleteI felt that your parents loved you a lot because your parents called you "hey good lookin." I felt my heart warm. And I first heard this music on a game radio. I loved listening to this song like you too, and I'm not disappointed in any way.
Hi! Page
ReplyDeleteI see what your talk about and I totally agree with what your feeling that you miss parents. Also, I can see the how much you like this song. You wrote this song very detail, that why I can understand easily. And I agree this song the beats and melody is great. Thank you for tell story about what your mom called you when you young.
In all of my life, I have never realized that "Hey good lookin, what you cookin" came from a song! I was so interested to find that out. I like your personal ties to the song, it makes such a relatability to a song that I otherwise would not relate to. I like your point about the lyrics meaning something else than what is being said. You're right, that was not common at all, unlike our current day.
ReplyDelete